Cartridge for Rega RP3 or RP6 in AN system

Hi,
I'm one of the many getting back into vinyl. My budget for a turntable is 1000 Dollars, so I am thinking of getting a Rega RP3 or a used RP6. Let me know if there's anything significantly better for $1000.

The Rega Exact cartridge seems fine, but the cartridge is a really important element, so I am very interested in hearing with experience in using different quality cartridges on the RP3. My budget for the cartridge is 600 Dollars.

My system:
Audio Note Meishu amplifier, Audio Note J speakers, Audio Note Spe speaker cables, Sogon signal cable

My budget for a phono stage is $1000 and I'm considering a Croft Acoustics, but perhaps also just a Rega Phono MM.

Musical preferences: Classical music from all time periods, lots of acoustic jazz, country, bluegrass.

Thanks in advance

Fred
fabsound
The Rega Exact sees to get little respect , I've seen it described as dull.
I live near Needle Doctor and was in there recently, an RP 3 with exact was playing. I was struck by how neutral and honest it was, just the ticket for the classical or jazz listener and very much in the same vein as the Rega speakers.
I also own a Rega phono amp and am pleased with it.
The REGA Exact is a great Cartridge and is NOT dull, in fact its the opposite of dull, lively,dynamic,punchy, great with rock and jazz. Also, for a little less money and an even better full range cartridge is the Dynavector 10X5 $450.00. This is a awesome match for the RB301 tonearm. Go with the RP3 and get some upgrades from Groovetracer. You can buy a clear or black acrylic platter AND a much better Subplatter and bearing....SUPER easy to replace. And you get a real spindle so you can use a nice record clamp. Also, for $120 buy the Isolation kit from Mapleshade.com it is well worth the money. And for a Phono Pre find a used or new Musical Surroundings Phonomena 2 , Used $350 new $600.....it is a real giant killer.
If you are gonna do all that just buy the cheapest Pro-ject that uses the 9cc tonearm and be done with it .