Cartridge suggestions for around 2K

I am thinking of upgrading my cartridge and would love to hear some of your opinions about which way to go. I am currently using a low output Grado Reference through an ARC Ref. phono pre with Aries/JMW 10. I would like to try a MC, but wonder about loading and output through the ARC as well as compatability with the JMW. I listen to a lot of acoustic music, Rock/Blues etc.
cmo
Ron:

I am not in the market for a new cartridge. I'm sticking with the vdh Black Beauty.
Jackcob, what makes you think I was giving you cartridge advice? I was answering CMO cartridge Question. Giving him a site to help him see why TWL suggested the ZYX R-100 Fuji.
which would be my sugestion also.

Ron
If I do seek out a used cartridge,how do I judge it's condition? Are there ways to tell how much mileage a cart has or if it has been abused (aside from the cantilever being ripped off)? Thanks all for your insight.
Chris
This is a difficult Item to buy used. You are at the mercy of the seller, unless you can inspect the stylus with a lute or something so as to magnify the stylus enough so you can see if it does any wear. If it looks smooth no chips out from the sides, it is good. If you buy one over a distance you must take the sellers word about condition.
I have not had good luck in this but you can find many in good condition, it is hit and miss. A used cartridge will have some wear and it is subjective.

Cmo, your original Question was for a 2K cartridge. The Fugi and the shelter 901 new, are within this price point. Another website;

http://www.21stcenturyservices.com/audio/Shel_501.htm

Cheers,
Ron