Carts that sound like a Koetsu

Hi folks, it's a bit silly question, but are there (less expensive) carts that resembles Koetsu's soundwise? I'm asking this because I haven't heard a Koetsu (or that might be once, very long ago), so I actually don't know how a Koetsu sounds. The Koetsu's are very expensive, but have a very specific sound, loved by many audiophiles. Do for example Ortofon SPU's sound in a similar way? Or maybe the Sumiko Celebration? Thank you.

Chris
dazzdax
I agree about the shelter not having that magical quality, but I like it better at every price point.
Nothing sounds like a Koetsu. Nothing sounds like ZYX. Nothing sounds like a Shelter. They all sound different. But they all sound good. Gist is choose what you like.

I don't any cart manufacturer would stake claim that they're carts sound Koetsus or Lyras or Clearaudios.
I think, that is very different, because Koetsu's can sound different in different Systems. 2 friends of mine , one owns a Koestsu Onyx, he loves it, but was totally shocked about the improvement in his System when he got a Shelter 901 (the Onyx will go on sale), the other one had a Koetsu Jade, sold it, still has a Rosewood Sign. Platin, never uses it, because he prefers a Zyx and some others he owns more.
I think, when you want the Koesu "Sound", buy one.
You're right Dazzdax, it was a silly question. Trying for a sound you've never heard and know nothing about is risky and non-educational. Why hand off responsibility for your sonics (and your money) to the unexplored priorities of strangers?

All you know so far is that some people with unknown systems and unknown sonic priorities like something called the "Koetsu sound". That tells you nothing useful. I dislike the Koetsu sound, but that tells you nothing useful either. Unless you understand what the Koetsu sound is, you have no idea whether you'd like it or hate it.

Better to listen to more things (if you can) and develop an understanding of your own sonic priorities. Describe these and people who share them (or at least understand them) could provide meaningful guidance.

Not rainin' on your parade. Just trying to save you some aimless and possibly unnecessary purchases.

Doug

P.S. Stone body Koetsus and wood body Koetsus sound very different. One possible response to your, "What else sounds like a Koetsu?", would be, "Which Koetsu?". You begin to see the difficulty of this approach...