Cary spl88 tubed pre owners

I am looking for some opinions on this pre, I would be using it with a McIntosh Mc352. I mainly listen to jazz and female vocals. I have a very low tolerance for brightness.

Any input would be great!
nuguy
The Mc352 is one of the best SS amps I liked from Mcintosh and had good synergy with the Cary. I used the stock tubes and found it just a tad bright at higher volumes, dont know if I could even refer to it as bright but found it less linear than my Audio research ls25 mk1. This was just my opnion, enjoyed both preamps and maybe with a little tweaking with cables or tubes the Cary could have been toned. Both preamps easlily outperfomed the C46 Mcintosh preamp they replaced. Put a Joule LA100 on your wish list too, all 3 preamps are affordable and easy to resell here on the gon. Good luck!
I have the cary coupled with simaudio amplifiers driving alon v mk11 speakers. I am very pleased with the music reproduction. Variations in the quality of the music seems to me to be more a fuction of the quality of the recording rather than the genre of the music. You can always do better, but to my aging ear I am satisifed to the point that my upgrade search is sporadic and nominal.

mckeown
I use a pair of NOS Tungsol 6sn7 tubes for my SLP-88 and coupled with SLM-100 tube amp monoblocks and a solid state Adcom GFA 5800 amp driving ML Aerius speakers.Tube for the panel (high/mids) and solid state for the lower(woofer).*****Biamping*****and the result is very musical.Very satisfied with the result.
pescolar