Clarity Cap CMR Impressions

Hello!
Wondering if anyone has updated their passive crossover with the Clarity Cap CMR.
I'd like to hear how they compare to the MR and comparable competition. I saw some threads on the MR but not these.

Thanks 
Darren
128x128dmhenley
Hi Audi4Pass,

It wasn’t even that subtle. :)

The big cap sounded more natural and liquid when bypassed. I wouldn’t say it was anything even as nuanced as imaging or dynamic range per se. More about the decay of notes and perception of space. Like the larger cap would "cut off" the notes too soon.

I tried 1 Audyn TC 0.1uF cap on each. The Audyn TC made a huge improvement in this area on the large cap, but no diff on the small cap.

I strongly suspect that building up a big MR cap out of smaller one's would work as well, but Clarity pricing did not make this affordable at all, as you'd pay significantly more in the end.

Best,

E
OK, caps are in my left speaker only. And they are hacked in with jumper cables.

I like to change caps on one side only sometimes, it helps me figure out what the real differences are by what now sounds muted.

This will probably change over next 48 hours... but...

First impressions are this cap has a lot more extension, which makes the MR sound dark by comparison, and has tons more air.

Some of this is normal to a new cap. What matters is what happens by Tuesday. :)

When the parts arrive from Parts Connexion (probably Friday) I'll rebuild both sides and give you all an update.

Best,

E
thank you erik,
we wait your review when cmr will hase a good burn in....i know that they need at least 200 hours.

about the more extention do mean hights or bass or both ?
if is only on higths this may be critic on metal dome tw or more open tw
do you agree?
Cymballs sound more prominent now.

I want to wait for a few days before assessing that this is a real difference.

I think there are some fantastic sounding metal dome's. They don't all have the oil-can resonance that characterized so much of the metal domes of the 1980's 1990's.  Few of these are in commercial speakers though... ( Zing! ) hahahah> :)

The AMT tweets I am using are superbly open. Measurably flat and lacking of compression of distortion.

Best,

E
So less than 24 hours in I really don't like the change. Yes, there's more air, but it's due to an exaggerated treble IMHO. It has the treble hype of the top end Mundorf's without their glass smoothness.

More later.

Erik