Class D is affordable and sounds as good or better the SS/Valve why buy anything else ?

I have spent a fair amount of my hard earned money on big ticket brand new SS and VT/Valve amplifiers over the years without hesitation, with state of the art 2019 class D amplifiers becoming cheaper and sounding better, i wouldn't join in again.

For older technology amplifiers SS VT/Valve to compete with State of the art class D, Their prices are going up and up.

One example is Pilium Audio from Greece or Bulgaria their Divine Line the prices are all over £100,000 for their pre amps and power amps, I know the UK importer he said they sound OK,

Another example FM Acoustics again up to and over £100,000 for pre and power amps. i have owned FM Acoustics pre and power again their OK,

I am not saying they do not sound good, i am saying why spend this much when state of the art class D probably sounds as good now and can only improve with the GaN capacitors and is nearly up to 100 times cheaper.

Is there still a market for multi thousand £$s SS or VT/Valve amplifiers ?

When class D finally overtakes SS VT/Valves what will people do with their multi thousand £$ amplifiers, keep them knowing there is something better ? Or will we see the market flood with exotic used amplifiers ?

Digital technology is rapidly growing pace and becoming cheaper, with GaN capacitors being introduced the sound is going to get better and better and will slowly or quickly become even more affordable.

If you had 50,000 to spend on an Amplifier, would you buy a high ticket SS amplifier and hope for the best ?

Would you stay safe and go with high ticket valve amp, class D can never match good valves right ?

Or would you sit tight and see how the GaN capacitors can further improve the performance of state of the art class D ?

Please feel free to join in, everybody is welcome, i think its a very delicate/touchy discussion for some people with big bucks invested in older type amplifiers.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtownshend-audio

miveraaudio
"
 I sold the first 100 1200AS based amps that hit the market and set the price bar for the industry on amps based on that module."

So it was obviously the profit, greed, and personal notoriety that prompted you're conversion to the Class D church, religion, and faith. But this "church" that you have joined hear known as "Audiogon" is a non-denominational "church" so you will find that not all hear will accept you're  proselytizing or you're closely held, cherished, beliefs and faith.
@clearthink:

So it’s a greedy thing when you sell products for very low profit margins? Sounds more like a pro-consumer move to me.
miveraaudiot’s a greedy thing when you sell products for very low profit margins?"

No it is greedy when you conceal your profit driven motive behind a religion of you're own invention where you have authored its bible and attempt to insult, degrade, and silence those who question you're proselytizing and faith-based interpretation of real world data, experience, and information.
Nothing is being concealed with me. I’ve been extremely open about everything I’ve discussed. When I read the guidelines of this forum here’s what it says:

Goals of these discussions
  • Discuss the audiophile hobby
  • Share experiences with other audiophiles.
  • Share news about the high-end audio industry.
This is exactly what I’ve been doing. When I read the Prohibited content section I read this:

-You will not post content that is abusive or defames another member of The Service

Which is all you have contributed so far to the discussion.

I'm about done with exchanges with you now. So have fun trolling by yourself. 

1200AS amps that are being sold are less expensive because they have less money in them and are easier to build. Mike had nothing to do with the pricing of these amps. If one manufacturer would charge twice as much for their 1200 based amps then another one could charge half and get literally ALL the business. Mike just likes to beat his chest and claim he has moved mountains.

The 1200 amps do not measure better than the best class A or A/B amps. They do not make as good of square waves, they have switching noise on all signals. They are not better than all class A or A/B amps. And this is from a guy that thinks the 1200 module with mods and run mono sounds incredible. I am hoping my amp will compete with most anything under $10,000 or even more. But worlds best? No way. Class A already dead? No way. Better measurements? No way.

Wherever Mike goes is a fight. He has been kicked off several forums and made a mess on his forum on Audiocircle. He states things so righteously that anyone with a differing opinion wants to fight him back. A lot of threads where he participates get deleted....including most of his threads on his now gone Audiocircle forum circle. He is really smart. However, he is his own worst enemy. His behavior creates people who do not like him (some outright hate him)........so he limits his income and his ability to make a difference in the world. I like Mike. I find him funny. You know, like one of those neurotic characters on a tv sitcom. Of course, the same character gets tiring. I hope he grows up. There is half truth in what he says.....the module (even stock and a single stereo) has beaten all kinds of class D, A/B and A amps. Don’t sell this baby short. I offer a 30 day in house trial and I will pay the shipping to you if you send it back....you only pay for return shipping. This would be the same as having a tour....the only difference is you get to keep it for 30 days and have some money deposited by the manufacturer.

Class D is maturing. It is not what some think here. My 1200 amp is really, really great. However, it is not the holy grail and will be surpassed, even at its price point within a couple of years.