Class D is affordable and sounds as good or better the SS/Valve why buy anything else ?

I have spent a fair amount of my hard earned money on big ticket brand new SS and VT/Valve amplifiers over the years without hesitation, with state of the art 2019 class D amplifiers becoming cheaper and sounding better, i wouldn't join in again.

For older technology amplifiers SS VT/Valve to compete with State of the art class D, Their prices are going up and up.

One example is Pilium Audio from Greece or Bulgaria their Divine Line the prices are all over £100,000 for their pre amps and power amps, I know the UK importer he said they sound OK,

Another example FM Acoustics again up to and over £100,000 for pre and power amps. i have owned FM Acoustics pre and power again their OK,

I am not saying they do not sound good, i am saying why spend this much when state of the art class D probably sounds as good now and can only improve with the GaN capacitors and is nearly up to 100 times cheaper.

Is there still a market for multi thousand £$s SS or VT/Valve amplifiers ?

When class D finally overtakes SS VT/Valves what will people do with their multi thousand £$ amplifiers, keep them knowing there is something better ? Or will we see the market flood with exotic used amplifiers ?

Digital technology is rapidly growing pace and becoming cheaper, with GaN capacitors being introduced the sound is going to get better and better and will slowly or quickly become even more affordable.

If you had 50,000 to spend on an Amplifier, would you buy a high ticket SS amplifier and hope for the best ?

Would you stay safe and go with high ticket valve amp, class D can never match good valves right ?

Or would you sit tight and see how the GaN capacitors can further improve the performance of state of the art class D ?

Please feel free to join in, everybody is welcome, i think its a very delicate/touchy discussion for some people with big bucks invested in older type amplifiers.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtownshend-audio
Nobody should be on a mission to convert anyone to anything here.  We shouldn't be attacking people for enjoying some amps more than others.  There wouldn't be thousands of amps on the market for consumers to choose from and enjoy if there was only one correct choice or genre, and anyone who doesn't "get it" simply needs to be converted.   Please...just let us share what we like knowing it's ok to like what we like!  
ricevs"Wherever Mike goes is a fight. He has been kicked off several forums and made a mess on his forum on Audiocircle. He states things so righteously that anyone with a differing opinion wants to fight him back. A lot of threads where he participates get deleted....including most of his threads on his now gone Audiocircle forum circle...There is half truth in what he says"

Ricevs I am grateful, thankfull, and indebted to you for sharing this informations to the community here on Audiogon which is the only English language audio site on which I post so I would not have known this about "Mike" had you not alerted us even though it is becoming increasingly obvious, apparent, and evident that he is a religious proselytizer who uses name calling, insult, and derision to advance his Holy Cause of which he is a prophet, a visionary, and an oracle. I think we have all witnessed this hear previously on Audiogon and newcomers such as "Mike" usually do not last long because the moderators manage, intervene, and act accordingly as needed, required, or necessary. 

“Another client replaced these 3 NC1200 based amps with 3 of my 1200AS based amps:”

@miveraaudio, 

You’re not even selling 1200AS based amps....so why you are continue to promote or post. As a manufacturer/designer, it makes no sense promoting something that you can’t even furnish for any one of us to audition. 
When I read the guidelines of this forum, here’s what I see:

Goals of these discussions
  • Discuss the audiophile hobby
  • Share experiences with other audiophiles.
  • Share news about the high-end audio industry.
As an audio enthusiast, I’m just here to follow the guidelines of the forum.