Class D Technology

So I get the obvious strengths of Class D. Efficiency, power output & running cool which allows for small form factors. I also understand the weaknesses somewhat. 1. Non-linear & lots of distortion that needs to be cleaned up with an output filter. 
So my question is, if it weren't for efficiency & power, would there be any reason to own a Class D amp? Do they beat Class A in any other categories that count for sound quality?  
seanheis1
I'm not sure what this "class A input stage" is.  Input stages are almost always class A (would be stupid not to), but class D amp is pretty much one stage - a modulator + output transistors.  Any additional input stage is not advantageous to class D amps. What they call "Analog Cell" is just class A Mosfet input stage very common in many class A or AB amps.  It sounds like a lot of hot air (for class D).
I'm not sure what this "class A input stage" is. Input stages are almost always class A (would be stupid not to), but class D amp is pretty much one stage - a modulator + output transistors.
I thought the Class A input stage is what voices the amplifier and keeps it from being a clone amp in a pretty box. 
Perhaps in traditional multistage amps.  I'm not also sure what the "voicing" means.  Would this imply that two different amps with the same Mosfet input stage are voiced exactly the same?  As I said - a lot of hot air.  Manufacturers of expensive gear have to come up with some exotic names, like "Analog Cell", in order to differentiate them from competition and justify high price.  Icepower is self contained amp.  It doesn't need additional input stage unless it serves a purpose (Common mode noise rejection, input impedance increase etc), or "voicing" is just a fancy name for added "coloring" of the sound (at the expense of transparency).