Classical vinyl - Good sources of info and talk

I've gotten very interested in classical vinyl in recent months, both new and second-hand. To me, it's generally considerably more pleasant to listen to than CDs. But I've not found a good source for information about it. For example, I'd like to figure out the differences between the Classic Records 180 gm and 200 gm RCA reissues, but I haven't found a good source for information. What recommendations do similarly inclined listeners have? (Audiogon is okay, but there just aren't that many posts on the subject.)

Thanks much
eweedhome
Eweedhome, there is a lot of good information in the Audiogon archives about classical music on vinyl. A lot of folks here have a lot of experience and are willing to share their experience if you can pose some fairly specific questions. Here's a link to an earlier thread that in turn contains lots of links to threads that may be of interest:

List of Classical Music threads on Audiogon

Rushton, thankyou! I had stupidly forgotten about your excellent contributions, stupid, because I had profited from them quite a bit a few years back.

Ajahu, agreed, but it is bliss to have the best of both worlds.
Rushton, what a great list! Many thanks. This should keep me occupied for a while.

Ajahu, I certainly agree that, at the end of the day, it is both the quality of the piece and of the performance that matter. Yet, just as I would (generally) rather hear a favorite performance of a favorite piece on vinyl rather than CD (because the vinyl--generally--sounds better, and thus provides a better "entry", if you will, into the music and the performance), I'm finding that pressing quality matters. For example, I really enjoy Stravinky's own performances of his lesser-known ballets Orpheus and Apollo. But it took me 2 CDs and 4 Lps before I got satisfactory renditions of these recordings...and, what sounded best to me happened to be a late Columbia US pressing, which, according to the word on the street about Columbia pressings, shouldn't be the case.

Thanks for everyone's input and happy listening...