Coincident Linestage vs CJ CT5 or Allnic L-3000

I currently own a Conrad Johnson CT5 but would like to upgrade and move to a preamp with XLR in/out. I have tested the Allnic L-3000 which I find very intersting, and I am also interested in the Coincident Statement linestage. Has anybody compared the Coincident to the CT5 or the Allnic?
obrennan1963
Hi guys. Here's an update. I hesitated for a while as nobody in my network had one and I couldn't really hear it beforehand. I had however heard their 300B amps and I really like it. I was also interested in the TRL Dude but could hear it neither. So I finally decided to make the move and buy the Coincident (cheaper than the Dude, and built in Canada, which is more convenient for me). Maybe the best decision I made in the audio field. Reviews were so positive that it seemed too good to be true. But I have to say that it lives up to all of the expectations reviews and forums created. By far the most transparent component that I have heard. It brought my system to another level. And it beats the Conrad Johnson (which was already very transparent) and the Allnic L3000 flat out in terms of transparency and musicality (even if I still consider that those two preamps cost more new)! Now the music floats in the room, and the musicians are with me. I still hold the CT5 and L3000 in high regard... but I now consider that the reviewers that said that it's a best in class, best buy preamp are most probably right.

The only minus I see, apart from the absence of a remote and the limited number of inputs, is the fact that even if the preamp look really nice, you can notice minor finish flaws. Specifically, when you look at it closely or if you slide your fingers along the edges of the metal sheets that are assembled to constitue the body of the preamp you'll notice that they are rougher in some areas. The metal cutting and finishing process used may not be as elaborate as other products. However, considering the absolutely superb performance, which i would expect from a component three or four time more costly, I still think that this preamp is a steal for the price and that the finsh flaws are minor.

Gotta go now. I can't be aways from my system for more than half a hour at a time!
Obrennan, Thanks for the update. I am about 1-3 weeks away from placing an order for my Coincident LS. Can't wait!
Obrennan1963,
I`m happy for you as nothing is better than actually hearing a component yourself.I`ve owned mine for 3 1/2 years and appreciate it more as time and many long listening sessions past by. You described its brilliant sound and performance accurately.As much as you enjoy it now this will increase just as it happened to me. I`ve had the pleasure to hear other excellent sounding linestages that cost considerbably more but would`nt trade any of them for the CSL.Did you get the 12 db gain or the 20 db gain version? The CSL combined with your 845 tubed Nagra must be a pure delight.Excellent choice!
Regards,
Obrennan,
The CSL is attractive and very solidly constructed,is it cosmetically flawless?, No.Take a close look internally and see the true value of this design.Very high quality transformers(Japanese custom made) and choke filters(power supply)(that`s why it weighs 73 pounds combined two chassis). Why so transparent? not a single capacitor or a resistor in the signal path(no resistor based volume control either).Minaimalist single gain stage(most preamps have two or more gain stages) with DHT tubes is also a key factor in what you are hearing. Avoidance of the common 'electrolytic caps' in the power supply.As you discovered, It`s a significant achievement to get this level of design and performance for well under 10,000 dollars. You compared it to two 'very well respected' linestages(for sure).The CSL as you found, will relatively speaking sound more natural,musically convincing and less hifi."It brought my system to another level", I believe you.
Regards,
Brownsfan,
The CSL will fit wonderfully in your beautiful system and room.I think you`ll be very happy with it.
Have you considered the ModWright modified OPPO 105? I heard it extensively in a friend`s system(VAC electronics) recently and it clearly surpasses the already fine sounding ModWright OPPO 95 he has.Utterly organic,dynamic and very involving presentation.
Regards,