Coldplay on Quad 988

I am a few months into a pair of Quad 988. When the music is right they sound excellent. Vocal best I have heard. I have recently acquired the last three Coldplay CDs and all of them sound bad except when there is only vocal on the recording. Again with vocal they are excellent.
The music part of Coldplay is heavy distorted and in my mind very unattractive. What is going on?
dcaudio
Thanks everyone. I was getting worried.
I will sleep better and listen to the true good recordings I enjoy.
The 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head' cd especially tracks #3 & #6 sound very good to my ears.
For me, the better ones' system is the better the lesser engineered cd's will sound, not the better your gear the more unplayable cd's will sound.IMHO.
If anyone wants to donate their unplayables, of which their seems to be many, I know a good home that will gladly play them, and enjoy them, also! lol........
Coldplay's "Parachutes" Capitol Reissue Album on 180g LP is nice and sounds just fine. Distortion is not a problem on this album. On La Vida on CD is ok, although I'm not a fan. Parachutes is better in my opinion.
Although most of the above posts re recording quite true, I'd also take a second look at the transient performance, separation and dynamic (contrast) capabilities of your other gears as well. Especially the source, pre-amp.