Computer Speakers

Thinking about an upgrade for a room where I spend a lot of time - the home office at the computer.

I am thinking of active speakers for near field listening conditions under $1,000.  

Ideas?

No room for the tiny Maggie desktop setup or even for a rear facing port... any good acoustic suspension speakers I can try?
randy-11
+1 on the Adam audio . The beauty of those is you can go down to your nearest Guitar Center and get a listen .
I use a pair of Dynaudio Excite 14As and I feel no other at this price range could touch it’s sound quality.
I'm going against the grain here for Computer PC.... I spent years trying different high end PC speakers, such as Klipsch, multiple various Audioengine products, pro audio monitors e.t.c

In the end the best speakers for nearfield listening (i.e 50-60cm away) was the Creative Labs T3 2.1 speaker set. It has a small portless sub with 3 drivers, that absolutely slams and sounds totally integrated (adjustable bass that can be dialed in tight). The whole 2.1 set cost less than $200.

Just understand I have Reference 3A De Capo monitors, amp separates, and a gazillion dollars worth of Rick Schultz cables for my main system. I am an audiophile, not some moron who thinks a cheap mass produced product would be any good.

But once I admitted the T3 was better than the other computer audio speakers, I then fed it via a decent DAC (HRT music streamer) and also used good cabling and a Clones Audio PCIx USb output card.

With all these extras, all of which cost more than the T3 itself, the sound is now pretty spectacular and surprised even an audiophile friend who heard it.