Considering the New Tekton Design Encores? AND Owners Group - Experiences/Questions

I am the very happy owner of the first pair of New Tekton Design Encores and I thought I would create this thread to answer any questions anyone might have regarding the Encore speakers, room considerations, and associated equipment. If you’ve order your pair already, please chime in. I really want to hear what other people’s experience are with these unbelievable speakers.

I drive my Encores with both an Art Audio Diavolo SET 300b Tube Amplifier with 8wpc and I switch in my 700w Nord One-Up SE Monoblocks for non-critical listening and some big pieces of music that benefit from the extra power.

• Made under U.S. Patent 9247339 with multiple new patents pending
  • Proprietary loudspeaker design
  • Ultra-linear frequency response with ±.5dB deviation from 70Hz-20kHz
  • One single crossover element placed within the tweeter path
  • Ultra-linear, entirely time-invariant minimum-phase mid-range section
  • Proprietary patent pending 15 dome radiating hybrid MTM high frequency array
  • Two 6.5" mid-bass patented ’overtone & harmonic’ transducers
  • Dual 11" low-frequency transducers
  • ​96dB 2.83V@1m sensitivity
  • 4 Ohm design for optimum performance
  • 20Hz-30kHz frequency response​
  • Dimensions Width 13.25" x Depth 15.25" x Height 62"
  • 800 Watt power handling
  • Weight 175 lbs​
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjcarcopo
@charles1dad I switched back to tubes! I picked up some Allnic A6000 pse quad parallel 300bxls 60 wpc SET Tube Monoblocks from Audiogon! I absolutely love them with my Encores. Having so power really allows the Encores to perform their best! 
Hi Jcarcopo,
That is surprising and unexpected news from you. I know how thrilled you were with the performance of your Lyngdorf. What does the Allnic do better (or different) ? Do you plan on keeping both? Congratulations as I am pretty certain that this Allnic PSET sounds quite wonderful driving your Encores.
Charles
@charles1dad The Allnic monoblocks drive the Encores much better and that 50 extra watts of SET power allows me to play larger pieces of music with ease at higher volume levels all while maintaining its composure. Every nuance of the music is preserved at higher volumes. The Allnics delineate every instrument and voices with ease, they have incredible depth of field, and a haunting sound that startles me emotionally with greater dynamics both micro and macro. The bass is controlled and effortless now, whereas it was struggling on the Diavolo at higher volumes. The vocals are breathtakingly beautiful! The Lyngdorf is no slouch, but it doesn’t do what a SETs does in spades; make music sound real and emotionally engaging. I now do room correction directly in ROON DSP/EQ and don’t need the Lyngdorf for RoomPerfect anymore. The Lyngdorf was trying to add +10db of gain in a feeble attempt to quell a 100hz suck-out in my room. This put huge demands on the tube amplifier and even the Lyngdorf’s internal amplifier which would occasionally clip on certain bass heavy notes. There’s no way to eq a major suck-out in a room with EQ. Why the Lyngdorf tries to throw that much gain at the problem is beyond me IMHO and there’s no way to curtail it in the Lyngdorf. So the Lyngdorf goes up for sale next week. I put these Allnics into a class next to LAMM SETs. They do everything right, they are very well made, and they dig deep into the music to tickle your ears with excellent detail retrieval. I’ve been listening for 10 hours straight. I took a nap and woke up at 4am and started playing again this morning. I can’t get enough!

PS: I have an Ayon Audio Stealth DAC Tube/Pre coming today to replace the Lyngdorf. 
Jcarcopo,
 That is wonderful news and I am really happy for your fantastic results. You are obviously enjoying magnificent  sound quality and listening experiences in your home. I am very happy for you. 
 I doubt that you will have any problem selling the Lyngdorf.
 Charles