Considering thiel 3.6 but need feedback

Condering purchasing the Theil 3.6 but read that they sound best away from the wall. My room is 12'x21' and they would be placed agains the short wall with me sitting about 14' feet away. How much difference does this make ?

I will be using them for both HT and stereo. My associated equipment includes an Aragon Soundstage, bryston 4BST, Aragon 8008x3, anthem CD1 and audioquest cabling.

Any other recommendations in the $1,500 to $2,500 range would be helpfull.

Thanks.
mcreight
I have room 15'x18' and Thiels 3.6, they in my case had to be moved 2.5' from rear wall. I have them against short wall to. Very good soundstage but not much bass in my setup.
My room is about 14' by 20'. I have my 3.6's also on the short wall, but they're about 3' from the wall, with the front baffle over 4' from the wall. They're about 2.5' from the side walls, and toed in slightly.

My equipment is Denon DCD1650AR/Dodson DA217MkIID/Bat VK-20/Aragon 8008BB. Great soundstage, and great bass, too. I'm very happy with the 3.6's.

Good luck!
Not necessarily. My Thiels have the most even/extended bass response when placed 1' from the wall and 14' from my sitting position. Also Thiels are designed for farfield listening so you will want to strike a compromise between pulling the speakers out from the wall and still be able to sit a good distance away from them. If you have a little extra money, get a used TacT RCS 2.0. This is an invaluable toold in getting optimum response from your system in a room. Assuming you have a digital source.