DAC's, i'm lost

I recently purchased a pair of PSB Synchony two speakers along with an NAD 375BEE amp from my local dealer. My audio source is currently my laptop/an airport express. I'm looking for suggestions with DAC's. My budget is 500 and can be persuaded to spend no more than 1000. Please, help a newbie figure out what would work best!!!
mcgarrjr
1) MHDT Havana

2) Eastern Electric MiniDac

3) Monarchy NM

4) Bel Canto DAC 3

5) Wyred DAC1
While I don't have a DAC suggestion for you, I do have something to keep in mind.
The JITTER from the AE is terrible. Some DACs simply will not like this device. My CA840 CD player sometimes loses lock on the signal and emits the most awful, fingers-on-chalkboard noise imaginable.
No amount of file-fiddling helps. ALAC? MP3? w/wo error correction? no help.
Only thing that helps is to take the analogue output from the AE, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of the DIGITAL part of the equation. Not to mention that the DAC part of the AE is a strictly budget proposition.

TRY anything you are considering with right of return. put it thru its paces and make sure it works with the AE. Or, upgrade to an Apple TV.....
Rega. It's one of the most musical and easy to listen to dacs I have yet heard in that price range. Listen to one if you can.
I agree on the Arcam rdac for sure. Its $500 and is a asynchronous. It has wireless options as well.