DAC Upgrade

I currently using a Bryston BDA-1 DAC and although it is a pretty good DAC, I want to upgrade to a 2r2 DAC. I recently purchased a Jays Audio cdt2 mk.ll transport and it is exceptional. My budget is in the $2,000 range and after careful review, I have narrowed the list to Schitts-Yagdrasil, Denafrips-Pontus and Holo Spring 2 level 2(new). Unfortunately, It is difficult to compare the three of them side by side, so I have to rely on expert reviews. I am looking for a DAC that is transparent, extended but smooth highs, 3D midrange and tight bass. My equipment is Prima Luna Prologue Pre Amp, Prima Luna Dialogue HP Amp and Silverline Sonata Mk.III speakers. Any thoughts?
cavy
George,
It appears that you like the sound of R2R DAC's and I assume you had the Holo Springs DAC? Which level did you have and would you assume that the revision 2 will be even better.
George,
It appears that you like the sound of R2R DAC’s and I assume you had the Holo Springs DAC? Which level did you have and would you assume that the revision 2 will be even better.

It’s all written about here. From what I’ve been told the Level 2 is the one to get for sound value for dollar spent.
https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/256748-holo-spring-dac-level2-review/?tab=comments#comment-40...
Cheers George

What transport, and what cables are connecting to your dac? I replaced toslink with a WireWorld Coax and was blown away, but then...

How would you like to spend $39 and get far more than a dac upgrade?

Crazy, right? but it actually solves a big problem, which is scattered laser light inside the player, and that fellow philes is HUGE

The first thing I had to do was turn my subs down 3 full notches, after which bass became much more focused and potent, soundstage depth and width also vastly improved, AND, the emotion of the singer is very evident, much like texture

New Dark Matter from Machina Dynamica