Dartzeel 108 vs Ayre Mr-X

Hi,

What would comments & observations be on these two amps.
Pros & cons with Nagra preamp (PL-L).

Any suggestions on amps in same "league" ?

Tim
timnaim
I was considering them a few months back, along with the matching pre amp. I wasn't impressed by the Ayre in dealer show room, Bar81 will jump in soon I am sure and start accusing my hearing inability since he owns Ayre MXR and that should be the best. I heard the Ayre in many systems, in all cases they were "cold" sounding, for lack of a better word.

I only got to listen to Dartzeel in a short time, but the sound was quite good. I could not afford Dartzeel combo at the moment even in used market, so I decided to stick with my power amp (BAT 150SE) and change pre amp (SF L3SE to Einstein).
Get over yourself; you're unqualified to speak with regard to either product.
A PLL for the most part works the best with a Nagra amp so approach with caution if you want to mix and match.

Why not consider a Nagra amp? ( MPA )
You'll get more out of your current preamp that way.
Without knowing the other components involved, most importantly the speakers, Semi's comments are irrelevant. The speaker/amplifier match is critical in opimizing and evaluating either.

Second, the dealer's room is undoubtedly different than Semi's so that must be considered as well. The room is a component.

Ayre is outstanding gear folks; don't let these comments dissuade you from auditioning their amps and preamps. The cd players aren't on the same level however.
I heard the MX-R's at my dealer with the not top of the line Ayre Pre-Amp and the Dynaudio Saphires, and the Ayre C-5Xe CD Player (I was auditioning for a new CD Player, comparing the Ayre to the Esoteric X03SE-I ended up buying the Esoteric) BUT what really caught my eye (actually ear) was the awesome sound of the Ayre Monoblock amps - S W E E T. Great soundstage, inner detail and over all a gorgeous, gorgeous sound. I'm not ready to upgrade my amps (yet) but that audition made me force myself to not buy them. They just sounded soooo good. One of the best (maybe the best) solid state amps I have heard. I was superimpressed by them. I can only imagine how they would sound with their beter preamp.