Decided to change my cd player, suggestions please?

Ok so I guess this is as much a change just for the sake of change, lol, as tbh I am pretty happy with my setup but it has been the same equipment for the last 3 years so just what the heck, lets fiddle.....

So present equipment is:
Krell KAV250A
Acoustic Research LS2
Krell s-350
Usher cp-6381

Now i listen nearly exclusively to rock, mostly modern rock like Avenged sevenfold, stained, shinedown, saving abel, halestorm etc etc. Some more classic rock if I am feeling mellow.
I do not believe anything much else will ever grace my systems

I fully realize I may take a step backward or two but if there are far more expensive players out there there may be one that suits my ears better.

Budget is up to $4k used or new

Any good suggestions please.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xuberwaltz
Good to know Randy. Please let me know which tubes give you the best results (and which did not). Have you tried the Philips 5R4GYS rectifier tube from upscale audio? I found it to be excellent in my MW 9.9 power supply.

Best to you Randy,
DaveĀ 
Randy,

Good to hear you're liking the SA8005; definitely roll in some Tung Sol 5687 and if you haven't already, the Philips 5R4GYS thatĀ Dave mentioned which will take your findings even further...

Wig
Get a decent DAC ...the discussion of a decent player will...rightfully, end there. A decent DAC can mitigate any shortcomings (real or perceived) of any semi -decent transport.

That ship sailed long long ago.

I've actually owned Big name and expensive Dacs, none compared to my ModWright Sony 5400ES; Not even close...