DENAFRIPS DAC ---- Owner Impressions, Feedback, General Discussion, Questions and more....

Thread for OWNER IMPRESSIONS, FEEDBACK, QUESTIONS, ETC. regarding DENAFRIPS DACs.

DENAFRIPS lists the following R2R DACs:

Ares, Pontus, Venus, and Terminator (in increasing price order).

"DENAFRIPS incorporated in year 2012, focus in developing high end audio equipment at a very affordable price. Throughout the years of intense Research & Development, and continuous improvement of the product lines, DENAFRIPS had finally settled with the current product range equipped with R-2R ladder DAC technology. The reason behind this is the designer strongly believe that R-2R DAC is the best way to reproduce music.

The name, DENAFRIPS, stand for:

D-ynamic
E-xquisite
N-atural
A-ttractive
F-idelity
R-efined
I-ntoxicating
P-ure
S-ophisticated

This mean a lot and it is the house-sound of all DENAFRIPS products." [Copied From Denafrips About Us section]
Ag insider logo xs@2xdavid_ten
Hi David_ten,
Got it into the house together with Singxzer SU-1 (512DSD version). Thanks! The workmanship is top notch and the heft is like a decent power amp :) 
However, can't seem to get the SU-1 i2s working properly with the dac. Inside the SU-1 came with a piece of paper with HP settings for various models ( but not Denafrips), sound come out clean but each HP setting together with the "MODE" button when playing a dsd file the dac reads 44.1/8x at NOS or OS mode meaning it's reading pcm files. Also the SU-1 "DSD" light is not lit. Tried to dig around the net for correct setting but surprised there aren't any articles out there about this. I do noticed quite a few Denafripsers are using this combo to enjoy i2s. Is there a quick guide for idiot like me? Thank you very much! 
@geekee  If you haven't already done so, take a look at the Manual, page 5. I've linked the manual here:

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/4b933e_81b73a51d21a4814800733cd8bbb0e70.pdf

Otherwise, check with Alvin.

Congratulations, by the way!!! Looking forward to hearing how it all works out.
Thanks David! 

Problem is not the Terminator. Not sure if it's a problem but the pi 3b set up has to be DSD(dop) for the Terminator to recognize as DSD. Set at DSD Direct (native) the SU-1 unit's led just pcm and the same with the dac as well. Don't want to start a debate dsd direct vs. dop but first impression the SU-1 is not that "smart". 

Just a side note, pi set output at dsd direct and usb cable directly to the terminator not using the SU1, the dac recognize up to dsd256 no problem