Diana Krall

I was in Fort Lauderdale last Thursday and saw/heard Diana Krall.  Second time, first was in Wilkes Barre PA after Wallflower cd, this one after her recent one.  Two quite different concerts, both outstanding.  This one was "jazzy", an upright bass, a drummer, guitarist, fiddle/violinist (and a pianist/vocalist).  5 great musicians on the stage, and a wonderful singer.  She is wonderful live.  Highly recommended, as equipment reviewers often say.  Worth the price of admission.  
rpeluso
I always find it humorous when people on these audio boards (and I've been on a lot) tear down great artists who have produced great recordings by mentioning other artists (many of whom no one as ever heard of) as being so superior.  I guess it makes them feel good.  They probably also spend $20,000 on tube amps that don't sound as good as a $3000 SS amp.
Live in Paris is an awesome concert!!! The DVD and Bluray both have great audio.  All or Nothing at All especially is one of my favorites, towards the end of the song I love the way they jam.  All musicians are very talented and play so well together..  Temptation in The Girl in the other Room album is one of the songs I use to audition equipment.  I've seen her a couple times in concert and was always very satisfied.
I'll get the the point; don't like here-never did.  Her voice is at best above average and totally un-original and not worth the time listening to her.
DK is harmonically flat, even by Jazz standards that have no interesting harmonies.  (I am using harmony in the musical sense of Chords.) -  score 0/10.  Melodically I find her uninteresting - maybe 4/10.    Rhythm: nothing sophisticated 1/10.  All in all a bore.  Voice is excellent - at least 7/10. 
Malcolm Steward writing for Hi-Fi Choice gave her a great roasting.  One of his comments was along the lines (I will try to quote from memory):  "... and don't get me started on her sub-Liberace piano tinkling."  !!  Her backing 'band' have all the enthusiasm of men heading off to have vasectomies from a blind surgeon with Parkinson's. 
Love Scenes on cassette through my Nak 1000ZXL is one of the very best sounding recordings I have.  It sounds like master tape~