DIY. Whose speakers would you use?

If you could pick and choose from any parts out there, which tweeters mids and woofers would you spec for a DIY set of speakers? What about the crossover electronics? Which caps, etc? Crossovers to be internal. Amps SS.
Thinking caps on please!!
Emphasis on boxes for serious listening.
Thanks. Have fun with this!!
edgecreek209
I assembled the speakers in my bedroom from a kit. I do not believe there is any kit suitable for the "main room". It's all about "relativity".
hi edge
Yes,Chris at Solen has helped me out alot.Being the only North American distributor for Volt and ATC drivers,he knows what the driver should do and where to cross it for your goal.I have owned $20,000 PMC MB2's,$15,000 IB2's and $10,000 IB1's and I will give them the tip of the hat but I get close enough for what my goal is for alot less $$$,but thats me.
DIY is all about your goal,dont forget.
For example
If I want hi fidelity
120-127db this would cost you between $20,000 to $75,000
110-119db $10-$20,000
90-109db $3000- $10,000
DIY is much less and can be fun(and frustrating).But its your work and pride that is satisfied.
Contact Chris at Solen Canada and tell him I sent you(LOL)and he will set you on a good path.
"I do not believe there is any kit suitable for the "main room".

Check back with this thread from time to time. I think you may have reason to change your mind. :)
Hint: www.montanaloudspeakers.com
Orpheus, you can take "audiophile" and shove it up your attitude. Most audiophiles like you only know what they are told sounds good.
Hi,

I believe drivers, parts, and boxes should be viewed as a sum rather than parts. Example, a ribbon tweeters may be great, but its xover point my be high and requires a mid range that can reach higher frequencies. Conversely, some of the Scanspeak tweeters are awesome and may allow for a lower xover point, allowing you to pick a different mid. A great diy speaker site is linked below. All the parts interact together, so it is the best integrated system is what you are looking for. Enjoy.

http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/Diy_Loudspeaker_Projects.htm