DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj
Yes, cables do matter. But not as much as some seem to think. And yes, I do have a pretty good system. And I used to work for a dealer that had some of the best systems available. And my hearing is pretty good too. 
In my opinion, spending thousands of $ on one cable is not cost effective. But I have no problem with people that do. Whatever makes a person happy I guess
+ 1 for cleeds .If it will upset it's stasis you brain will make sure you hear no difference !
This thread is just another case of deja vu, all over again. 
Everyone back to your corners and come out swinging at the sound of the bell.

Now, the bell will sound different depending on the cables you use...

All the best,
Nonoise
@nonoise,

Completely agree that cable threads are pointless (nothing ever gets resolved), but I will take 1000 of them vs one political thread...

Postscript: Just noticed that the political thread has mercifully been removed. I had nothing to do with it, but wish I did. :)

Dave