Do I go active with my Linn 5140s ?

I currently have a partial Linn system with Unidisk SC, a 5105 and pair of 5140s. The rear setup is non Linn. I've moved to a much larger home and I'm building a dedicated home theater / high end listening room. I've reignited the old audiophile addiction and I'm wondering if it's worth spending $4k on a 6 channel Linn amp and active cards for my 5140s or if I would be better off getting a totally different setup? How much difference does going from one 5105 to an active tri-amp with a 6 channel chakra make with 5140s?
dfwlistener
Mark,

He will spend a fortune on Active cards to do it that way as the new amps require different cards, and the cards rarely if ever show up used (though I was lucky enough to buy a 5105 with the bass cards when I stepped up from the 5120's for surrounds)
I have heard Naim active set-up and it is primo, no comparison to passive but big money.
Guys,

Thanks a million for the responses. Do you think I would be able to fill a 26'x21' theater with good to great two channel sound? I would of course augment the system with a sub for video surround.

Thanks again
Dale
Dfw,

FWIW I used my AV 51 system in my condo, when I bought a home the theater room was bigger, ~18 feet deep and much wider with an open left rear corner.

The reason I sold the AV system was two fold.

I was so sick of dealing with all those cables, and it just didn't handle the larger room well to volume I want for HT, and often two channel, but YMMV depending on what level you like to listen to music...
All great advice on the 5140s. I had mine running active with 5105's, and the jump in quality is very large. I found the improvement to be across the board, and for me, the jump in quality of the voice was most noticable.

I believe 5140's, active or not, will fill your size room with great sound. In particular, with a subwoofer.

I suspect there are plenty of 5140 active cards available, a good Linn dealer should have them. Not sure if they would work on the Chakra's though. I have a complete set that would go into 5105's, and I have the 5105's. I believe you could go active with very low cost buying 2x5105 and the 6 active cards.

Lou