Do powercords make a difference in sound?

Do they make a difference by upgrading stock power cords in amps, ect versus aftermarket power cords? If so, can anyone advise a good bang for the buck upgrade?
chad329
I have no problem with you Douglas. But I do with Zaikesman. He appears to be a jackass.
I have tried different PCs in my system and have never heard any difference. I have always had Krell amps up until recently so I'm sure the power supplies were up to very high standards. Maybe that's a possible reason I never heard differences. But I don't really think so.
I once worked for a company that designed high end audio equipment and power cords.
'Nuff said.
hi doug :

your logic is faulty.

you cannot know what any component sounds like.

i'll let you figure that out or prove to me how you can determine the sound of any component.

when you listen, you hear what comes out of a pair of speakers. there are many variables and there is insufficient information to figure out the sound of a component.
hi doug :

your logic is faulty.

you cannot know what any component sounds like.

i'll let you figure that out or prove to me how you can determine the sound of any component.

when you listen, you hear what comes out of a pair of speakers. there are many variables and there is insufficient information to figure out the sound of a component.

when you talk about differences in the sound of components, uyou really are observing the affect of changing components upon the sound of a stereo system.

let me put in equation form: ss=f(c(i)), that is the sound of a stereo system is a function of the sound of the components within the stereo system. what is the equation ?? it is impossible to specify the equation and solve for the independent vraiables.
I spent $300 for new wall sockets and PS Jewel power cords... some here pay that for a single interconnect. The audible difference in base performance and reduction of irritants in sound was well worth it.

Having done electrical construction long ago I strongly suggest anyone start first with replacing the wall sockets with heavy duty sockets...the plug in your wall is likely the cheapest garbage possible and you won't benefit much from connecting a heavy duty power cable to a pot metal wall socket.
I'm not getting suckered into a flame-war, and obviously won't respond to someone who has resorted to calling names. Anyone can click on the "This Thread" button under my or any other member's posts here and determine for themselves who contributed what to the discussion. My regards to those many who participated with diligence and in earnest.