Do you ever wonder?

Do you ever wonder why some artists (individuals or groups) attain success through critical acclaim and/or record (cd) sales?

Here is my list of those who have made it in the recording/entertainment industries and is completely puzzling to me.

Please list your own; it's irrelevant what you think of mine.

OK, here you go (in no particular order):

Sheryl Crow
Norah Jones
Michael Bolton
Celine Dion
Joe Cocker
Manhattan Transfer
Boston
Rickie Lee Jones
Pink
Phil Collins

That's enough to get started; show me what you got.
audiofeil
Jolt52 - Queen really tops my list for this post. Hopefully will never have to hear that obnoxious voice again....
Anyone who can explain David Crosby?
Very spotty songwriter, limited playing skills, trouble with guns, drugs and the law, um...let's say limited sex appeal, and a decent enough voice. How does he keep getting gigs? If you're a lesbian couple and you needed a sperm donor to get pregnant, how does this guy end up topping your list? I don't get it.

Marty
on a certain level, martykl has david crosby pegged. he was, however, one of the great harmony singers (go back and listen to the early byrds stuff) and has his name on a fair number of classic songs--8 miles high, wooden ships, triad, etc.--and was actually somewhat groundbreaking in his use of alternate tunings, unconventional song strctures and eastern modalities. mostly, i think he was a great counterculture symbol--the anti-authoritian, outspoken mustachioed jerk in a fringe jacket. dylan, for one, praises him mightily in his autobiography.