Do you listen to equipment or music.

This Blog got me to thinking about the subject:
https://www.blogger.com/u/1/blogger.g?blogID=6484902156509233383#editor/target=post;postID=191909277...
In the past I have spent hours listening to the same part of the same song just to fine tune various components of the of the audio system. I even move speakers and listen - move them again and listen more. Sometimes I wonder what I am doing. Whatever it is, when I get into this mode, I am not listening to the music.  It would be nice how the community feels about listening to music or equipment.
johnspain

Elizabeth

Right On! I received my Jazz lump 15 years ago. That was a sweet day fast forward (ed) to present date. I never looked in my rear view mirror.

I still enjoy Pop and Rock (Classic/Hard/Metal) in smaller doses.

Happy Listening!

I've been in high end since 1963. All audiophiles listen to equipment then if there is any time left--music.

Back then what were the battles?
Mono vs. Stereo
Consoles Vs Separates
I heard my first real stereo system while serving in Vietnam in 1971 and have been hooked ever since. Maybe not surprisingly, my preference runs toward gear from the 70s era when I want to listen to music and not be concerned with the equipment. But even then, gear from that era has an edge due to its amazing visual image. I guess it all depends what was going on at the time your audiophile/stereoholic affliction began. Anyway, I say let's all have fun and enjoy the hobby.