Elvis Presley Fans?

How many of you are Elvis fans My mom grew up during his era of fame and always played his music when I was growing up. I enjoy almost every song he ever performed.
chatta
Kijanki, thanks for the insight. I will now seek another idol. I am so bummed.
In addition to what has been said here I agree Elvis could have been given better oportunities in the movies. Tom Parker was a greedy control freak. Anothe r movie he did a good job in was King Creole, take the song performances out and it was a good script and he did a good job. It's a shame his career was so guided and that he wasn't allowed to do more of what he really wanted.
Not to mention his gospel.
My Mom, who was a big Elvis fan, bought tickets for the whole family to see Elvis in concert at Curtis Hixon Hall in Tampa. That was 1970 when I was 16 and although I have been to many concerts since, there was no one else like Elvis. He gave one of the best performances I've ever attended and I will never forget it. Thanks Mom and Elvis!
I grew up listening to elvis, my parents met him at his house in belair Ca. , they waited outside the gate and he pulled in with Ann Margaret, let in my mom dad and aunt uncle, was very gracious,Ann was a different story, so I am told, we have pics of him with his arms around my mom and aunt and shaking hands with my dad and uncle,along with his, Thanks elvis presley, autograph on the back of the map,kinda neat,I always felt his soul when listening to him and really prefered his late 60s and 70s music,I find his live performances for the most part to be incredible, the energy, emotion, soul,its as if the music was a part of him,as far as I am concerned he will never be equaled. And the best thing about some of his recorded music is that it was done very well, high quality,I could go on and on but I think you get my point.....Pat70 thanks for the tip about BMG/Sony FTD.
I saw his rolling museum when it came to Indy it was at Union Station. That was 20+ or more years ago. There was a Seville he kept in California to drive at this show, I bet alot of ladies whould have licked the drivers seat if they had a chance.
Oneaudio00,

That is pretty cool that your parents had actually met Elvis. Wow! I tend to agree that his music was very well recorded and is always an enjoyment to listen to.