Esoteric K-01 settings; any users out there?

Has anyone really worked through the filter/upsampling options to determine their effect especially for redbook? I have heard that some prefer 4x with no filter. Any user thoughts will be appreciated.
Try the Fir1 filter and 2x upsampling which is the best sounding combinaton to me so far.
I've got mine set at DSD- Fir-1.

Ive owned the Playback design MPS-5 before the K-01. The MPS-5 is slightly more musical whereas the K-01 have much more dynamics, resolution and botton end grunt.
i have been reading the forum a little bit and fir-1 seems to get the unanimous vote as the best filter. in all fairness, i compared it briefly to S_DLY1 late last night with a solo piano recording and could not be sure. i will test them extensively over the weekend.

anyways, it is said that each setting needs to be broken in separately (for 500 hours!!!) and i do not know if this is true or whether i will try this at all.

anybody ahead in the break-in curve?
Well, I'll toss a curveball in here. My settings are S_DLY1 and 4x on a K-03. Sounds terrific.

YMMV

Dealer disclosure
Changed a setting in my amps and tried Audiofeil's combination as my hours build up on the player, and i like it. When the player was not fully run in, i prefered the fir1 filter with 2x. The s_dly sounded flat then but not now.