Esoteric UX-1: How "noisy"?

To all of those who have an Esoteric UX-1 or X-1: can you hear the disc spinning from, say, 10 feet away? I realize that Esoteric has built a massive assembly but on quiet passages I can distinctly hear the "whirring" of the platter. It's distracting, to say the least. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
veloceracing
Thanks for the info, guys. I called Esoteric directly and got the upgrade scheduled for July 10th in about three minutes. Seems like if you want information, the audiophile network is better informed than the dealer/rep/manufacturer chain!
Mgottlieb, before you send your beloved 60lbs baby across the continent in its original slightly flimsy triple-box for some elective bowel surgery, you may want to buzz again the Teac America gang, and ask them to ship you one of the new bigger-sturdier triple cartons which include thicker and more rigid inner packing material. Your X-01 will be eternally grateful. . . or at least for a couple more years it will!
Yes Mgottlieb, I believe TEAC may charge approx $60 for the new and improved X-01/UX-1 packaging.