Extremas with Clayton or Gamut

Right now I have the big Melos monoblocks with a pair of Extremas. It's a great match, but I'd also like to try some solid state amps with them. The Clayton's or Gamut's seem like they might be good choices, so I was wondering if anybody has tried these combos?

Thanks
Ag insider logo xs@2xwrj_togs
Btw,forgot to ask if something like a class A/B Pass X-350.5 or the "seemingly" bargain priced Plinius SB-301 will be competitive with the Claytons?This driving the Revel Salon Ultima II's,of course(they need power).

I'm leaning to Clayton,but the heat issue is a BIG one,because I've been there before,and it can be a royal pain.

Thanks
Hi Sirspeedy:

The VAC Ren III with phono (12K) is almost the equal of the Signature model (18K)....and it mates fabulous with the Claytons....as I said, I believe VAC preamps are the "cats meow" both sonically and in their ability to mate with any amplifier.

I have been pleasantly surprised that the heat issue of the M-300's has not been as bad as I thought and I live in FL. A ceiling fan in the listening room and central air conditioning for the entire house has worked well. By the way, the low power setting, allowing 200 wpc in class A emits much less heat and sounds almost as good. Of course the M-200's are another possibility.

Happy Holidays, God Bless America, and good listening.
Oh to answer your question on Pass and Plinius...yes I'm sure they are competitive, but IMHO not the equal of the the Claytons, especially the M-300's.
One nice thing about the excellent Revel Ultima Salon II loudspeakers are they sound great with most excellent amplifiers with sufficient power....but I've enjoyed them MOST with Clayton and Gamut....extremely natural and accurate sound.

Stay well