Focal 1008 be vs KEF LS50 vs KEF R300/500/700 vs MA Gold 200

Hi !

I just purchased a pair of Focal 1008 be. I was wondering how these other models I listed would compare with it.
  • KEF LS50
  • KEF R series (R300 or R700)
  • Monitor Audio Gold 200
  • Monitor Audio Platinium 100

I will be driving the speakers probably with a Hegel amp like H160, H300 or H360.
This week I will try to home demo LS50 and R300 if I can and compare them with Focals. I can still return Focal's, therefore I am questioning if any of those others would be a better choice. Use case will be 50% music %50 movies.

Thanks!
denizpiri
Heard them all except the Platinum 100. Out of The others I would pick the Focal for sure. 
That will be an interesting comparison! I own the LS50s but I have never heard the others.  My guess is that the focal should be a more competent speaker than the LS50, as the LS50 has its limitations due to size.  Please let us know what you hear!
I drive a pair of Focal 1008Be's with a pair of pass xa100.5's and they sound very smooth and detailed and while I haven't listened to the other speakers you mentioned it would be hard pressed for me to switch from Focal except to maybe go further up their line. 

Chuck