Fozgometer?

Just yesterday read in Stereophile about this new tool for setting azimuth electrically. Sounds interesting, but also IMO is slightly borderline for myself to decide whether the cost ($250) would justify buying such a tool?

Downside with myself, is my Arm is not adjustable in azimuth, unless I maybe throw a Pipe Wrench on the Armtube?

Still, would be interesting to get other's opinions, and hopefully soon, some user's accounts of such a tool? Mark
markd51
From what i ve read it may have been easier to do this adjustment with a Fozgometer but it can be done with a DDM also.

The only problem is that with a DMM you are sensitive to broadband noise when measuring the small crosstalk signal. Some portion of the signal you measure may be simply noise not crosstalk. If you use the spectrometer method I suggested earlier in this post you circumvent this problem
Hey Restock, i checked out your Ispectrometer for mac and the frequency filters like the 1k needed look easy to apply. I use a windows based notebook and did a extensive google search and could not come up with a meter that i could understand or use. Zelscope and Oscllometer seemed good for this adjustment but i could not get them setup for a good reading, the Ispectrometer you used seems cut and dry for adjustments like this.

Using a DVM with the millivolt setting instead of the standard voltage setting made a big difference in the meters range. With standard voltage setting the range was all over the place with millivolt setting the range was steady for a good adjustment. And the sound i m getting proves it. Better than my brain/ear method of adjusting azimuth i must say.
Restock, I apologize for not having read your earlier post on the iSpectrum. I am going to down load it and give it a whirl.
I think phase angle has to be considered as well, no? Cartridges are rarely equal in output so I think you need to know the output difference to really have an effective method to measure azimuth by crosstalk level. The method of equaling crosstalk between L and R doesn't make sense if the inherent level difference between L and R is not considered.
Hi Guys

I'm about to order one of these.

I have the cardas Frequency and Burn in Record & Hi Fi Test New LP.

Do I need the Analogue Productions Ultimate Analog Test LP ?

Thanks for the inputs.