Fuse and Power Cable improvements 'how'? - Nuprime ID-8

Hi Everyone,

Thank you ahead.  I recently bought a pair of Kudos C2 speakers through Audiogon and upgraded my amp to Nuprime ID-8.   Even with 100watt RMS I'm not able to power the C2 to satisfaction.  It'll be a long while before I can save up for the high quality 200+watt range amps.  I've been reading that others install better power cable and fuses into their amps and get sonic improvements.   I'm wonder how does that work and how much improvement would that really bring (considering that's $300+ extra parts for a $999 amp)?  Hoping to get educated on the subject.  Thanks.

Lincoln

hifineubee
there also might be a different integrated, of the same cost and power rating, that you like much more.  Did you audition the Nuprime before buying?
No unfortunately nobody carries NuPrime around Seattle area.  The few stores here carries Naim, Rega, Cambridge Audio, Rotel.  But these brands don't make good integrated USB amplifiers that meet my digital 24bit/DSD hi-res music needs.  I had a Yamaha A-U671 before, great amp for $70 but the class D sound was too cold once broken in.  Was going to move to Yamaha's S-801 which is A/B class but thought I'd give NuPrime a try given the rave reviews.
I have never heard either, but I bet you could buy the Yamaha for around the same as you could sell your Nuprime for...if hopefully you can audition it in your system.  It's lower power but you might like it better...but I stil stick with the give the Nuprime another month, then with tweaks it might be perfect...
So many review-bought disappointed audio gear heads turning to cables and fuses to turn a sow’s ear into a silk purse. 30% of the price is ludicrous. Dump the amp or speakers and start over. Or realign your expectations.