Good Cowboy Junkies "Trinity Sessions"?

I just listened to a new CJ Trin Sessions (RCA 8568-1-R). What a HUGE dissappointment compared to the Gold CD. I could tell this thing sucked from the first 5 seconds where I could barely hear the the ventilaton system running in the background in the church.

Is there an LP pressing of this album worth getting, i.e. better than the CD?
metaphysics
I'm tempted by the Simply Vinyl release, but Acoustic Sounds gave them a less than glowing endorsement. Basically, they say; We carry Simply Vinyl because its the only place we can get these recordings and our customers want them.
meta-man: i've bought a handful of simply vinyl releases and have been disappointed with each and every one. just be patient and go only for the proven best. who knows, once i sort thru my lp's, i might find yet another hidden treasure among trinity session versions. i could swear i got a japanese pressing at some point, tho can't find it now.- kelly
Kelly, I have a great idea. I'll come over and help you search your archives. Oh and if you want to go out, no problem, I'll watch the place. Yea. and meta and craig can help me, I'm sure we would have fun.
The Simply Vinyl LP might not be too bad. The main beef with SVLP is that they dont necessarily (if ever) use first generation analog masters for the re-issues that were recorded that way. Given that TS was direct to digital, it MAY be OK. Some SVLP's are pretty good (Dire Straits, for example).Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has it and the Classic reissue or an original pressing.
I have the original LP of this, plus the RCA BMG of "the Caution Horses," and a promo copy of "Misguided Angel." This last LP is only five cuts, containing the live recording at Church of Holy Trinity in Toronto (1987) and Misguided Angel live version from the Roxy in Hollywood.

The promo copy is the best recording of the bunch, maybe if only because it (as other promo's) is very early in the pressing run. The original Trin Sessions is wonderful, but since I have none of this on CD, I can only testify that the LP is worth searching out. I hope if a superior version is found, that the data will be posted here. I always buy at least two copies of everything I treasure.

Today I took my fifteen year old son to buy CD's, and he went to the section with Roger Waters. Seems he had listened to "Amused to Death" more closely than I thought. I have the LP he was influenced by, and a new sealed copy. Some of this material, just like Cowboy Junkies, seems to span all age groups and time. It is nice to see music as the topic of obsession.