Graham Phantom - Armrest Setup

Hello,
I am installing a Graham Phantom tonearm. I cannot figure out how to loosen the armrest layer of the tonearm so that I can swing it to face the front of the table. I see two holes drilled into the armrest layer (one underneath the count weight and one on the side opposite of the VTA tower). It seems like one may need to loosen those to rotate the armrest layer, but the user manual makes no mention of using these two screws for any purpose. And it seems odd that one lies directly below the counter weight making it difficult to reach.

Right now, the armrest sits about 1/2 inch away from the outer edge of the platter. I'd like to rotate it counter clockwise to face front.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks, Jeff
jj2468
No need to loosen any screws, just give enough pressure with fingers to move that part ( with the Graham logo) clockwise or counterclockwise.
Shift the platform by hand.The VTA screw should be loosened to play it safe.

Btw,Jloveys....Is your arm grounded to both table AND pre/phonostage?

I originally set my Phantom to the exact ground scheme as my 2.2,but developed popping,which caused major problems in the system.I expect to ground to BOTH pre/phonostage(an all in one unit,in my case)now,with the new Series Two Phantom,but am curious as to your outcome.

Best
Yes, Sirspeedy, popping problem resolved also by grounding the Phantom base AND TT bearing to phonopreamp chassis. Bob Graham was so concerned about our problem that he contacted me to say that we were the only two Phantom owners with that problem, he suggested to do that grounding TT+arm, but I did it already before and works fine. We don't realize how nice it is to listen to music without a loud "pop" every minute until we have experienced the problem ! I am happy to know that you resolved it too, with the exact same setting, great !
Have a look at my new turntable project in members systems/Twin platters rim drive. I will be more than happy to have your opinion.
Jloveys,I love your set-up.What's not to like?

My problem is still not resolved,since the static issue affected my pre/phonostage.Yet,since it required some work,I decided to dramatically upgrade it,with numerous mods.This way the problem becomes a major upgrade,and I can digest that better.

My dealer was useless(could not answer basic questions relating to the popping) and Bob was having some personal issues,but he(Bob) was a gentleman,and sent me a new IC-70,and the latest Phantom series Two.It's ALL set up and ready to go,so I'm dying to get my pre back!

I'm hoping to get it back very soon.

Best of luck