GRASS ANYONE?

I mean Blue Grass,as in music.
I have expanded my musical tastes a bit into "pop country" Its "ok" but I would rather concentrate on some awesome Blue Grass music.
Any suggestions for some great music??
HEE HAH!!
david99
Anything by the Seldom Scene, highly recommemded. Anything by Mike Auldridge. Dolly Parton's last two albums are superb. Doc and Merle Watson. The soundtrack "O Brother Where Art Thou". Anything by Del McCrory. Steve Earle has a killer blugrass album, can't remember the title right now, its all acoustic. Allison Kraus, Jerry Garcia "Old and in the Way". Bela Fleck is even doing Bluegrass on recent albums. Hope this helps.
D99
Well I do not hold myself out to be a BG xpert but since you got me here under false pretenses I'll drop a few winners. Not exactly bluegrass but all music by BGers. Give a listen to: Anything by Clarence White, the man who changed time in blue grass; Tony Rice and David Grisman: "Tone Poems" and ; Tony Rice and Norman Blake "Blake and Rice". All nice stuff ifin you like martin geetar flat picking. I think cfb meant David Grisman too, one of the best mandolin pickers south of frog holla.

Sincerely, I remain
yeah clueless,I'za figgered I'd git some uh ya boyz in heaya whit dat thread title.
David99,

The past 7 years have seen 'Bluegrass' move far from its centrist roots and adventure into all sorts of genre.

'String Cheese Incident' is probably the most bastard child of all with electric mandolin complete with distortion pedal. They really are great though.

Guitar driven bluegrass/folk, Tony Rice is always on.
David Grisman with his 'DAWG' music is quite progressive.
Alison Krauss with Union Station is quite solid.

Outside the lines look for Jerry Douglas, Sam Bush, Edgar Meyer and Bela Fleck. Together or solo these guys have redefined the genre altogether.

'Restless on the Farm'-Jerry Douglas
'Howlin' at the Moon'-Sam Bush
'Skip, Hop and Wobble'-Meyer, Barenburg, Fleck?
'Uncommon Ritual'-Meyer, Fleck and Marshall

These would make a good primer.
Check out Rounder Records. Alison Krauss and Tony Rice record on Rounder. Their website with an online catalog and online ordering is www.rounder.com.