Harbeth 30.1 ? The Ultimate Speaker under $5K ?

I have been on a mission lately to find the best speakers within my budget - under $5K ...I am definitely an audio freak and my sound engineer in LA told me we went to a HiFi convention of sorts in Newport and heard every high end boutique speaker there is and hands down the Harbeth 30.1 was the best...thought it was a live band as he turned the corner into room ! 

Local hiFi high end shops always push whatever they deal....guy near me recommends Paradigm Prestige 95s but the seem more for home theatre use...here's my profile: 

I listen MOSTLY to LPs (stream on occasion with Audioengine B1)
Marantz PM-11S1 Mono Block Amp
Sony STR-V7 Amp
Technics SL-15 
1 SVS SB1000 Sub (if necessary) 
My listening room : is approximately 15 feet from Hifi to sitting position, wood floors , pitched ceiling about 10-15 feet in spots ...entire room approx 30 feet across . I consider it a VERY live, reflective space. 

I am a drummer so I love fat , tight kick drum. Rock i.e.: Rush , Prince, old 70s / 80s fusion/Jazz  
I listen to all different volume levels, sometimes low, sometimes I turn up music very loud and crappy speakers always seem to lose definition at high volume . 

I currently have some NHTs 2.3 & Infinity IL60s for surround....

Is the Harbeth 30.1 too small of a speaker for my spot?  what do you guys recommend! Thank You !
128x128tommypenngotti
I would think if you have enough power to drive them, and atleast a medium size room - the Magnepan 3.7i's would be hard to beat. MSRP is just a bit above your budget at circa $6k, but if you got a good deal you might be within range. The only caveat is that they are very ineffcient & need atleast 200 watts @8 ohms & plenty of current to bring out their best.
I'd never really heard of Tekton but see the DI and other models are being compared to cost no object designs from the likes of Magico and Wilson  -  the value there seems to be off the charts. So, well done indeed!

You can't fix that room without a major hassle and it might not even work and who knows your room might be magic, no one can know they are all different and even when planned out to the Nth degree can sound bad.   The best you can hope for is to find a compromise that works for you.  I have a big room and have had a ton of speakers in it and have been surprised by some and let down by others.  I think you should go with your instinct and get the Harbeth.  Try used and you won't get hurt if you don't like them to much.  Sell them and start the journey that will never end.  
If you like kick drums, forget about the M30.1. It’s the worst among the Harbeth range when it comes to bass as it lacks the speed, slam and dynamics of the larger Harbeth models. In my mind the M30.1 is only good in vocals and mellow stuff. Below-average performance in other music genres.

As others have mentioned, the Compact 7E3 does a lot better than the M30.1 in the areas that you seek. The SHL5 Plus is the best bet if you like your kick drums clean and tight without losing the signature midrange (magic) of the Harbeth.