Has any one heard Magico Speakers?

Word of buzz quite strong, 6 moons preview points to something quite interesting...any one have 1st had exp?
henryhk
Ceol writes:
To find out I hauled my minimalist sytem up to Oakland in Novemeber
So as recent as 4-6 weeks ago, this was a possibility?

Jack, frankly I don't really care how you see it, as your play in this scenario does not involve taking the time to fly to San Diego, but simply to express an opinion with a keyboard. And I'm not really sure why you keep jumping to the defense of a person who is from his responses quite capable of answering for himself. Clearly, you have a declared allegiance to several companies whose products you own, but where do you fit in here?

Yes, we're talking about ultra hi-end products, but hardly custom or one-offs. I don't give a damn about the plane fare. We're talking about a widely advertised, pre-delineated product LINE, from a 10+ year old company who has no dealer within 500 miles of me. Apparently, Ceol brought along his system from San Diego to audition the speakers in November. All I was looking to do was make the one-hour drive to hear them. As I said, if that's not within the scope of Magico's business policies, then I accept that. Everyone has a right to do business in the manner he/she deems appropriate.

Thank you for the response, Alon. I can appreciate your position. I'm sure it was a hassle to have people auditioning your products as you were trying to work. I just happen to be on the verge of starting a business that will be a 7-day-a-week operation, and won't have the time to go to San Diego, lest our business brings us there in due time. So, we'll see. In the meantime, best of luck to you.

Thank you as well, Jay, for the kind response. You've made my point. I'm willing to make the drive, just as I did when I wanted to hear the Wilsons in Berkeley, or the Silverlines in Walnut Creek. It's just that right now I can't get on a plane to come hear them. As well, I wouldn't audition speakers right after a plane ride. In any event, I understand you are doing what you can given the circumstances, and I appreciate your cordiality.

Enjoy the New Year, everyone.

Howard
I'm going to CES so I'd love to take a listen to the Minis. Previously, there were only a couple of companies I was interested in seeing at T.H.E. show so I wasn't sure if I'd make it there (trying to see quite a few booths in only 2 days). However, Magico's attendance is a very strong encouragement to make time to get over there. :-)

Jeff
By the way, do they come in finishes other than the one that's on the site and in the 6moons article?
Boa2,

Auditioning ultra high end components usually requires travel. Unfortunately, companies at this level do not have the wide market that companies such as Klipsch. This said, many of us who seek and purchase the ultra grade products often have to travel to have any first hand experience with them. Systems are usually set up by either the manufacturer or one of their few dealers (as in this case). We can inquire as to the associated equipment used for said demonstration, hear them and then make the next step, which may require monetary down payment. This is how purchases at this level are normally done.

Where do I fit in? Hmm, I actually paid for my own flight to hear the Magico 3's, which I had purchased.

I find Jay's "Free Air Fare" offer most generous and very accommodating. This remains my point.

By the way, Howard, I did not know that it was unusual to show favor for one's favorite products in an audio forum. (Hint: It's fairly common). I have been blessed and fortunate enough to own some truly World Class gear. I even like to talk about them sometimes ... :)

I strongly urge anyone considering a speaker purchase to include Magico to your short list. The risk of audition seems little, especially when someone else foots the plane fare ...

Best wishes,

Jack Seaton
Jack,
No one is footing the plane fare to audition the speakers. If you will read the post again, the offer of a plane fare reiumbursement was contingent upon the PURCHASE of the speakers. So you've missed the point entirely.

Furthermore, I just received a book of poetry in the mail, written by my eleven year-old niece. Therefore, I'm going to read it before bed, and forget this entire exchange. By comparison, it's simply pointless, and your pithy tone is not sitting well.