HDMI or 7.1 out for best AQ

I recently purchased an Oppo BDP-83 universal player that I will be getting modded in the near future. Some of the mods out there are pretty specific as to what is upgraded in the player, i.e., 2-ch vs Mch vs HDMI outputs. My question to you folks in the know is this: what is the best type of connection to use between the player on HT processor, separate 7.1 RCA's or HDMI? By having an answer to this, I will hopefully know where to put my money most wisely. TIA.

Bill
billspecfoc
Post removed 

Evergrey
I'll mention Audio art. I like Rob's hybrid III RCAs. I've used a pair of them with good success as main RCAs from proc to amp (s).

I also like the Cardas Neutral Refs, but they might tend to be pricey adding six or eight of them... even if bought preowned. They definitely are a clear cut "hear what ya got" with those wires... great mid range and top ends!

B4 I put much into ICs, I'd look into a pc for that player. My 980 responds very well to upscale power cords. I'd think the 83 does too.
Nice system love the pass lab amps. Where did you get the cabinet for your equipment. I had a friend build mine and I hate it. Thanks Allan