Heavy table on Target vw1 'pro'?

Curious to Target wall-mount users: Anybody running a SOTA Star or other big heavy table on this shelf? The current stat on the newest Star is it weighs in at 45 lbs. Target shows a shelf capacity vw-1 only no 'pro' on their website at 20kg. Add my Jelco arm and I think I am around 21-22 kg. Has anyone here put a 50 or so pound table on the target without a TT disaster?
mickeyf
I just got the Target 2 shelf version for my Orbe. It was recommended to me to use lag bolts into a stud to secure the shelf, but I'm the opposite of handy and I'm confused!

Lag bolts have a hex end, so would require a socket drill, right? Well, I have a power drill and could get a socket bit probably, but the hole in the shelf to put the bolt through is only 12mm wide. How would I get my ratchet in that tiny hole to secure the lag bolt?

Thanks!
I am a carpenter by trade. I would recommend using a washer under the hex head of the lag screw and allowing the washer and lag screw to sit on top of the frame of the shelf also make sure to use a stud finder to locate the stud and pre drill your holes with a drill bit smaller the the lag screw. I know it seems unsightly but it would seem unlikely to first get a screw to fit into the hole with a socket and second to use an appropriately sized screw to hold the weight.To dress up the screw you could paint it black to match the shelf.
Hi, I have a Nottingham 294 with Heavy kit. I reinforced my vw-1 pro with heavy duty automotive screws and an iron gate latch on each side with two additional screws each. I have had no drooping of the platform in two years. The gate latches are what are normally installed on the moving part of a fence gate. The curved part cradles the upper support bar of the VW-1 on each side. This counteracts the rotational force of the heavy weight of the tt and relives the outward stress on the top screws. I have jumped up and down on my wood floor next to the wall stand and a bowl of water on the platten had no ripples! Rock solid.
Wilson - That makes much more sense, thanks. I was thinking the lag screw would head would need to go inside the metal frame, as with the small screws that the shelf comes with. I'll give it a try as you described.

I'm also considering adding a Mapleshade maple shelf, as in the catalog there is one specifically for the target shelf. The plywood shelf that it comes with seems pretty crappy.
Add reinforcement? The shelf is crappy?

IMO - Do your own thing, it's got to be better.