HELP best analog system brand new for $5,000.00

i have $5,000.00 to spend on analog system: turntable, arm , cartridge and phono stage. has to be brand new, please i need you help guys. thanks.-
jopi88
Oh man, what I could do with $5k on the used market! If the phono stage was not part of this it would be easier.

You don't give any details on whether this is your first time into phono, or if you are finally moving up from your long-time $99 BIC turntable, or if you are returning to LPs because you finally realized how 2-dimensional CD playback is compared to analog. Some history, existing system components, preference to MM or MC cartridges, etc., would help a lot.

If I was really set on new, I'd put all but the last $200-300 into the TT/Arm/Cartridge. As painful as it may be, get a used phono stage here and don't tell your friends. Then when you have another $5k+, come back and ask the same question for only the phono stage.

I suggest you locate a couple of dealers in your area that specialize in setting up a phono playback system. The Michell, VPI, Oracle, Sota, Linn all have long reputable histories so it comes down to finding a dealer that can set you up and support you in the future. Newer models like the Nottingham are getting high praise as well. If you are bold and a DIY person, consider the Teres. In any case, be prepared to pay as much for the arm as the table.

Oh, and save $300-400 for a tonearm cable. I will assume you have the interconnect cable from the phono stage to the line stage. Yep, it adds up mighty fast. Still want to buy it all new?

John