Help me find a smooth solid-state amp?

I'm currently in the market for a *smooth* solid state amp (~100-150wpc into 8ohms) to mellow out an exceedingly bright system. I currently have an Adcom GFA-5400 with Adcom preamp and Soliloquy 5.0 monitors. Front end is a Pioneer DVD/CD player. Any suggestions as to what brands I should check out? Names off the top of my head include: Aragon, Classe, Bryston, and McCormack. I'm not too sure of the actual models I should try out. I'm also not averse to buying used items. Thanks. dd
djjp
IF YOU CAN FIND A USED FORTE 4 AMP WHICH IS 50 WATTS PURE CLASS A, IMHO THIS FAR EXCEEDS ANYTHING ELSE IN ITS PRICE RANGE.USUALLY $700-800 USED.ROOM TREATMENTS CAN CHANGE YOUR SOUND FROM BRIGHT TO DARK,SO KEEP ON TWEAKING!!
Get a Adcom 5802 Amp and have Stan Warren modify it. Stan Warren used to be the S in P.S Audio. This guy is an amazing modifier. He modified my 5802 for 300 dollars. He took out the so so parts and put in top quality parts. After this mod, i have to tell you, this Amp sounds so great. The Amp as it is, is a great Amp. But after the Stan Warren mod, this Amp goes to a new level. You can talk to Stan. His number is 541 344 3696
by Lphunter2 is so right, the Belles 150A Hotrod Amp is another great Amp. That would be a good choice
Djjp, I had to ask you, do you find the Adcom 5400 bright sounding. How do you like that Adcom Amp. I have the 5802 Adcom amp.
I suggest you go first with basics mentioned above to see if you ae getting the best from your equipment. Dekay's suggestion about tweaking your player with vibrapods, etc is an inexpensive alternative that could provide you with a much better high's presentation. If speakers are new allow them to break in properly before jumping in the equipment changing carrousel