Herron VTSP-3A

Hey guys, I just got this preamp in my system and have only used it for 5 hours. However, I don't have to wait for burn in or more evaluation time to tell this compenent is absolutley outstanding. The VTSP-3A is the new version and it has over 50 changes from the VTSP-3. I got my system sounding really good before the arrival of the Herron, but the Herron has really brought my system to life. Heck, the VTSP-3A has had the most postive impact on about every aspect of sound in my system than any other electonic compenent I have ever bought. I feel like the Herron is letting me hear the potential of everything else in my system. I thought I would make this post since I'm not sure if a lot of people know about Herron. If someone is in the market for a top of the line preamp, they may want to at least consider this one. For the record, I have no affliation with the company, I'm just a VERY happy owner.
128x128kclone
I soon will be the owner of a vtsp 1a 166 pre, how does it's sound compare to the vtsp 2 and 3 versions?
IMO the 1A/166 is outstanding, having owned one. The 3A is able to move the listener to the 1st row from the 9th row with the 1A. I love being very close to the soloist, so the 3A is a blissfully satisfying musical component. If you enjoy sitting not all that far back at concerts, the 1A is absolutely the most muic for the money. I easily gave up my previous other manu., reference pre after a quarter century of loyalty (through a few previous pre mod. upgrades and one major model change). IMO Herron's preamps help define the ne plus ultra, I believe is a phrase not easily found in english, except for the Maine phrases " none bettah " and " finest kind "