Hey RICH Audiophiles

Why don't one of you incredibly wealthy audiophiles whose systems I drool over every day start an Audiophile Rental business?
 Imagine how easy to simply rent a set of speakers or amp for a nominal fee so us POOR enthusiasts could demo it in our own home/system without restocking fees or massive depreciation when reselling..No more sitting in traffic,wasting gas & polluting the environment running from dealer to dealer only to be greeting by horrible listening conditions that give you ABSOLUTELY no idea how a piece of gear will actually sound in your own listening room...
freediver
I have decided I need to be rich. So, send me money. ALL you have. Period. I will start a GOFundMe for poor audiophile needing cash...In the immortal words of Janis:                     
"" Oh lord, wont you buy me a mercedes benz?            
My friends all drive porsches, I must make amends.             
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,         
So lord, wont you buy me a mercedes benz?Oh lord, wont you buy me a color tv?            
Dialing for dollars is trying to find me.                
I wait for delivery each day until three,                
So oh lord, wont you buy me a color tv?Oh lord, wont you buy me a night on the town?           
Im counting on you,
""                       
Yup.
I'm an old guy on fixed income and if I want to critically listen without room interference I put on my trusty Sennheiser HD600's and I don't complain about not having a 50K system.
“The real question is why do rich audiophiles buy exorbitantly high priced systems when there are so many less expensive options to achieving equal or even better sound? Wealthy / successful people are usually focused on end state results, not tweeking or enjoying the incremental upgrade steps. I don't consider them audiophiles any more than I would consider a street beggar a concert violinist just because someone gave him a Stratovarius.”

Congratulations to 1extreme!

Never before have I read so much prejudice, self-delusion, arrogance, inaccuracy, assumption and envy packed into three sentences.
Have never had the pleasure of owning a Porsche or Lamborghini (on a machinist's salary, couldn't afford anyway) but over the years did build up several very nice muscle cars - mostly 60s models  Camaros, GTOs and a 69 Vet. I installed very decent audio systems, but could never hear over the roar of the engines anyway. Now have the same problem with my HD Streetglide, with custom headers, pipes and intake, the upgrade audio package is about useless...Jim
I think this thread shows what a fallen world we live in.   Some people do it the other way when they have money.  My wife runs the funding for a $4B hedge fund..  I dated her 4 years till i figured out she was rich. She always answers that shes an accountant at a small family office.    I though her apartment (chicago) was pretty big for the location, but i also though her ex husband might have paid for it.  Besides that she lives very frugal.   If you ask her the only true riches in this world are of faith, because its the only thing you take when you leave.