Hi Wilson W/P8 owners, best amp ever to drive WP8?

I have a pair of W/P8 for over a year, used with Krell 700cx amp. The system sounds great but I crave for a little more warmth and glow in the midrange, overall airiness in the treble and soundstage plus a more natural/real presence of acoustics. I have audition Audio Research Ref210s with W/P8, love the sound but was bothered by the overly full mid bass(typical of tube amp?) and the slight loss of focus and precision when compared to my Krell amp. Well controlled bass and a tight mid bass are top priority. What amps, SS or tubes, have you owned that optimise the sound performance of your W/P8s. Thanks for sharing your experience.
arwp
Dear Arwp: +++++ " little more warmth and glow in the midrange, overall airiness in the treble and soundstage plus a more natural/real presence of acoustics................. Well controlled bass and a tight mid bass are top priority. " +++++

Maybe you don't need a " new/different " amplifier but IMHO a " new " approach due to the WP8 characteristics.

The " key " factor can/could be that the WP8 goes really " down " into the bass ( 21hz. ), this fact put " pressure " on the IMD ( intermodulation ditortion ) in that driver that has to handle ( at the same time ) frequencies over and to 200-250hz.

Waht happen if you add two self powered subwoofers ( in true stereo fashion ) to " liberate " the WP8 of the " responsability " to handle that last ( bass ) 1.5 octave?, the IMD goes down and all what you are looking improve/change for the better: you can achieve a higher quality performance on your system and according with what are your overall targets, everything improve: your Krell will perform better in this " new " frequency range ( with out frequencies say from 50-70hz and down ),better mid bass, better ( quality and quantity ) and controlled deep/low bass ( here you not only will have the right drivers/subs to handle the bass frequencies but a " dedicate " amplifiers to that specific and difficult bass frequency range. ), better soundstage, better mid range and high frequency due that you don't have " smeared/distorted " sound coming from the WP8 bass driver, etc, etc.: you system change for the better!!!!!

IMHO I can tell you that a pair of WP8 with two subwoofers ( everything the same ) outperform a pair of MAXX2 , no doubt about.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
I'm listening an ASR Emitter II version Blue with Watt/Puppy 7 and the set is really amazing.
It's the solid state more similar to tube sound i ever heard. Moreover, it has the ability to give as much current as they need, and as you know, WP8 are really demanding.
The only flaw i feel, are the low frequencies. I feel it can be better but it will need some work in the silent partner, the room, not the amp!
Pro memoria: its a hell of a german tank.
I've have very enjoyable results with VTL MB-450's Driving WP8's

I've found I Wilson products like a big power amp even if your not cranking the volume.

WP8's can produce a scary amount of bass in a controlled manner. I've had musicians and other audiophiles make comments along the lines of "where is the subwoofer?" "bass response is unbelievable."

I've also enjoyed Jeff Rowland equipment driving WP7's
Hello,

I thought some of you would be interested in reading the comments made about the BAT-W/P8 room at 2009 CES.

http://blog.stereophile.com/ces2009/

Best,
Tom
I had the VK55 in my system for awhile mated with a VK5i and it sounded wonderful. I know it is not the 55SE and my preamp and source are not what was at the show but the 55 is one hell of an amp. Would love to have a 55SE or 75SE :)