High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
Lak, negligible weight change with the new IC and pc. the improvement comes mostly from a better configuration of more expensive magnets.

Theaudiotweak, Thanks

Friends Frank and Sheri visited from Houston we listened to music and did power box comparisons. I was a nice visit. I now have all the info I need to build a better power distribution box. A more rigid box. polished, beaded, directionalized copper wire in two different gauges. ATL copper inlet, Oyaide R0 outlets, Furutech wall plates and covers.
Enjoy the music. D
I guess I am ambivalent about the new cables. Yes, it is great that we now have even more state-of-the-art cables that can further improve our systems. The downside is now knowing we no longer have the best at the previous levels and now have the quest of paying even more money while reading how much better the new cables are. It took me a long time to get to my Ultimate signal cables and URR power conditioner and cable, so I will just have to be happy where I am. I guess we all have to make our own decisions. Cheers to those that can afford the next level.
Rlawry..hopefuly every audiophile reaches a point in his/her system's evolution that allows each to know when enough is enough and allows the music to be the reason to turn the system on and not the sound.There is an old saying in medicine/surgery that goes..'the enemy of good is better'. It is hard to buy into that for some..
Wish I was one of those who love music no matter what it sounded like.
I love music when it is involving, visceral, emotional, moving.. otherwise
the car radio would be enough.
Cost is not an issue for an audio addict, finding the money is. This may not make sense to the non-addictive personality.
I've got about 7 audio projects in the works now and 4 more in the planning stage. maybe, when I finish those sometime next year I will think my system is good enough. probably not.. ;-) It there an audioholics anonymous?
I'm very happy for those who love their system as is.
Enjoy D
"I love music when it is involving, visceral, emotional, moving.. otherwise
the car radio would be enough."

I would agree.

The interesting thing is that surely no two people are the same in terms of what it takes to become emotionally engaged with the music. It's even possible I suppose that some might not have the makeup to ever accomplish that. Its an interesting topic. What does it take? Surely largely a function of teh individual themselves as much as any technology or gear used to make music.