High on Thier List, But Low on Yours

Is there any piece of equipment out there that a lot of audiophiles and reviewers like or love that you think is, ummm, crappy?
ohlala
cg70754-as a listed DUNLAVY DEALER you should have disclosed that when you trashed the Pipedreams anonymously. Perhaps that is why your criticism was so over the top- you said the Pipedreams were the "worst speaker over $500.00 I have ever heard ". Knowing your relationship to DUNLAVY (a fine loudspeaker) helps put that ridiculous trashing of a competing product into proper perspective.
Sorry, and don't mean to offend any one, really. But I listened to the pipedreams and could never buy them. The other is avantgarde, I wouldn't say they suck but with the price tag they have, they suck. I don't think there worth it. Now at maybe $2000 a pair I would buy them just cause they look neat, but I won't play them. Sorry, but thats my imho.
I have also tried to like Audio Research - I even sat through a seminar conducted with their people in conjunction with Apogee and I just don't get it. The sound is so sterile and uninvolving to my ears. I also don't get benefits from alot of tweaking that other audiophiles get, with the exception of damping material on first reflection points I just don't get the mileage out of things like cones, isolation products, egg cartons, tin foil, sanding CD's, etc...