High Quality FM Tuner - Advice

My needs are simple. A tuner that has great sound and can bring in distant stations, in stereo, quietly. I have the right roof antenna system with a MD Signal Sleuth. I read about Magnum Dynalab, Fanfare, Linn, Accuphase, old Macs and Yamahas. I have the budget, if i can find the right unit. Your thoughts?
bsm
The Yamaha CT-7000 is one of the all time great tuners and doesn't command a high price. They show up once in awhile.

pkron
Lots of good suggestions above, but you should also add a Tandberg tuner (model 3010?) to your list. There was one listed here on Audiogon a few days ago for about $375 -- the Tandberg was and remains one of the great tuners ever made.
The Day Sequerra remains my favorite, but I'm not sure if it's still made. It was so good that it forced me to get a top-quality roof antenna to take advantage of its capabilities. A work of art. All of the ones mentioned above are excellent, although my suggestion would be to get an analog tuner with a signal strength meter (I think the Magnums meet this description), you don't realize until you have such a capability how much of a difference it can mean to get a signal precisely locked in.
The Magnum Dynalab 102 is absolutely the best! I have three tuners, including the Fanfare FT-1A and like the MD's sound and meters the best. No remote, though, which the Fanfare has. Both available used at good prices. Also, you can find the Day Sequerra used for about $2800. Good luck!
i would go for tube mac or marantz 10b. rich detailed sound that only tubes can provide.