How can I make Naim 272 Preamp/Network Streamer and Mcintosh C2500 work together?

DumA$$ me bought a Naim Preamp with streamer thinking i could use the network streamer only when connecting to my Mcintosh C2500. They both work together but I'm having a hard time balancing volume on Naim preamp with volume on Mcintosh. I want the Mcintosh as my prime pre-amp for volume control. Is there a fix?
roddyboy
I've been looking for the XPS power supply and it's ridiculously impossible unless buying overseas, but I see Teddy Pardos XPS. I know you can't be bias but can you tell me why I shouldn't buy TXPS or help me find Naim XPS?
Audiotroy,
Why doesn't Naim list 272 as compatible with XPS 2? 
I use line out on Naim, will XPS DR still make a difference in sound?
Will Burdy cable work going from XPS DR to NAIM 272?
Do you take trade ins such as my Naim 272 for NDS? How much will i lose?
Looks like you’ve jumped the gun. I think a more pertinent question is whether you want to stick with all Mcintosh or Naim. If the former which appear to be the case, then the 272 needs to go. Something like an NDX or NDS will be more suitable but you would need to check compatibility with the Mcintosh C2500 preamp.

FWIW a Naim preamp works best with a Naim amp and power supplies. The 272 is often matched with XPS or 555PS(for ultimate sound quality), together with the matching power amp either the NAP250DR or 300.