How do I keep my cats off my amplifier?

Since my amplifier is too large for an equipment rack, I keep it on a seperate amplifier stand. There is nothing above it to keep my two cats from climbing on top when it is turned on, which they always do, attracted by the warmth. At first I didn't mind until my Rotel RMB-1095 Amplifier shorted due to a build-up of cat hair falling inside. Now my front right channel is gone. I just bought an Integra Research RDA-7 to replace it.
Is there a good way (short of the cat pound) to keep them off?
blakjava
Gunbei!

Shame on you!

Antifreeze is expensive!

Please refer to Slappy or Nrchy's methods :^)

Actually some sort of wire cage IMO.
Thanks for the suggestions, except the ones that involve killing the cats (however, if one of them throws up on the amplifier, the canvas sack/rocks/cold stream sounds good). I was thinking a solid metal cover built a few inches above the amp would serve as a heat sink and maybe solve both issues (cat hair and vomit) and still give the cats a warm spot to curl on and still allow proper cooling of the amp.
drow a scary dog on the top of your amp.
if you can't yourself, then hire an artist.
Yet another good reason for a tube amplifier...one of the OTL designs oughta do it!

If you just gotta keep the Integra, and you happen to live near Seattle, I'd be happy to bring Diesel (see my system pics) over for a few minutes . He'll take care of the cat, and I promise he won't sit on your amp while he's visiting.

Marco